Armando Silva specialized early in the manufacture of high quality leather men's shoes.
The company was founded in 1946 by Armando Luís da Silva in a small footwear workshop, with an artisanal production system and 12 workers.
Over time, the company started a series of modifications in terms of the tables and articles produced. At the same time, Armando Silva started a series of contacts with Spanish and Italian technicians, starting to visit not only footwear factories in those countries, but also the main international fairs in the sector. This effort towards fashion and new trends has been accompanied internally by strict quality control. The company was founded in 1946 by Armando Luís da Silva in a small footwear workshop, with an artisanal production system and 12 workers. In 1968, Armando Silva moved his facilities to a higher area, having acquired modern machinery and, at that time. The number of workers was close to 30. In 1975 it became a private limited company, with the entry of another partner, Manuel Adriano da Silva, adopting the company name "Armando Silva, Lda."